We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
This policy explains how we use personal data we may obtain from or about you in relation to your use of the Site, Service or App.
To help makes things clearer we use the following terms to describe the different categories of individuals:
Browser: means any person accessing our Site.
User: means a person who is authorised to use the Service via the Site.
Contributor: means a person who provides feedback by way of video which is then able to be analysed using the Service.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Query Information: this is the information you provide when you use the Contact section of our Site to get in touch (e.g. with suggestions or report a fault) or ask a question.
- Technical Information: this is information we obtain from Browsers and includes the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser type and version and your browser plug-in types and version. You cannot be identified from this information.
- Location Information: this the data including GPS technology information we use to determine your current location when you use the App. You can turn off this GPS functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings on the Device.
- Registration Information: this is the email log-in and password details if you are a User.
- Account Information: this is the information on the use of the Service via the Site.
- Device Information: this is the information we automatically collect from the device you have downloaded the App on (Device) when you use the App, including the type of device, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and time zone setting.
- Media Information: this is the personal information which is contained in the media which you provide as a Contributor.
- Survey Information: this is information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our Site or use the App, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or Device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or Device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site or App (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your Site or App session and expire when you close your browser or exit the App. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site or App and will last for longer.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or App;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site or App (including how long you spend on the Site or App) and where you have come to the Site or App from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site and which functions of the App are most popular with users; and
- find your approximate location when you are using the Site or App.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site or App, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or App (as the case may be).
|Cookie name||Purpose||Type & duration
|.ASPXAUTH||https://app.livinglens.tv – This cookie is used to determine if a user is authenticated within our system and has passed our security protocols to login to the application||Session|
|_utma||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.|
|_utmb||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes. You can modify the default length of a user session with the_setSessionCookieTimeout() method.|
|_utmc||This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code to determine session status. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. For backwards compatibility purposes with sites still using the urchin.js tracking code, this cookie will continue to be written and will expire when the user exits the browser. However, if you are debugging your site tracking and you use the ga.js tracking code, you should not interpret the existence of this cookie in relation to a new or expired session.|
|_utmz||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.|
Uses made of your information
We will use the information held about you in the following ways:
- We use Query Information to deal with your comments, queries and requests.
- We use Technical Information to assist us in providing an effective Service and Site, and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing.
- We use Cookie Information as explained in the Cookie section above.
- We use Registration Information in relation to setting up your account to enable us to provide our Service.
- We use Registration Information to contact Users about any changes to the Service.
- We use Account Information to check that use of the Service is in accordance with our Customer agreements.
- We use the Device Information to tie the Device to relevant Customer account for our Service.
- We use Location Information to track the location and time of your use of the App and submission of data for the purpose of providing our Service.
- We use Media Information solely to extent that our Service enables our Customers to use the Service to analyse that information, and it is held securely by us for that purpose. The specific Media Information obtained and used is controlled by our Customers using our Service and we are therefore Data Processors in relation to the use of Media Information.
- We use Location Information to track the location and time of your use of the App and submission of data for the purpose of providing our Service.
- We use Registration Information and Location Information for the purposes of security, and prevention and detection of fraud.
- We use Registration Information to contact Users with marketing materials where we are entitled to do.
Basis for processing
We are entitled to use your data as described in paragraph 1 above as we are responding to your request and therefore have your consent to this processing.
We are entitled to use your data as described in paragraphs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 as we require to do this as part of our contractual obligations to provide the Service.
We are entitled to use your data as described in paragraphs 2, 3, 11 and 12 above as the purposes stated are within our legitimate interests.
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Sharing Video Information with our Customers. If you are a Contributor, you will have been invited to submit media feedback by one of our Customers. We provide our Customers with various tools to enable the capture of video content from Contributors which our Customers can then analyse using our Service.
We do not control who is invited to be a Contributor. Nor do we carry out any analysis or monitoring of the media content provided by Contributors. Our role is to provide the technology platform service which enables Customers to analyse media provided by their Contributors. Our Customers are only able to analyse Media Information which is provided by their own Contributors.
Media Information is therefore shared with our Customers in the sense that it is our technology platform which holds this information and our Service which enable the Customers to analyse it.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets but only to the extent this is reasonably necessary and cannot reasonably be redacted.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or rights, property or personal safety of any person
- We may disclose your personal information to a third party technology partner with who we engage with to provide any discrete element of our Service or the technology platform on which it runs (“Third Party Provider”). For example we use a US provider for video transcription services. We may also cache local copies of videos and other information you provide at certain edge locations throughout the world with our cloud provider. All disclosures or transfers of personal data to any Third Party Provider will only be for specific agreed purpose and shall be in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Basis for processing
We are entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 6 above as the purposes stated are all within our legitimate interests.
We are entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraph 4 on the basis that we are legally required to do so.
We are entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraph 5 above as the purposes stated are necessary to protect interest of the individuals concerned.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or any Application or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site or App whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site or App is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all steps required by applicable data protection legislation to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
How long we will store your personal data
We only store your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was obtained or for any additional purpose we have explained to you.
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights in respect of information held about you. These rights are as follows, and can be exercised in accordance with the applicable legislation:
- Access to information: You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensuring accuracy of information: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or complete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You may have a right to erasure, which is more commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This means that in certain circumstances you can require us to delete personal information held about you.
- Ability to restrict processing: You may also have the right to require us to restrict our use of your personal information in certain circumstances. This may apply, for example, where you have notified us that the information we hold about you is incorrect and you would like us to stop using such information until we have verified that it is accurate.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive personal data we hold about you in a format that enables you to transfer such information to another data controller (e.g. such as another service provider).
- Review by an independent authority: You will always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body. The relevant authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Preventing direct marketing: We do not sell your data. From time to time, we may send emails containing information about new features and other news about us. This is considered direct marketing. You have the right to stop us from contacting you for these purposes. We will always inform you if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can usually exercise your right to prevent such marketing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Objecting to other uses of your information: You may also have the right to object to our use of your information in other circumstances. In particular, where you have consented to our use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. You may do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.